Your visit to the dental practice
Your visit begins when you book an appointment. Please ring 020 8337 4448 and we will do our best to arrange the earliest possible time that is convenient.
When you come for a check-up, we will thoroughly examine your teeth, mouth and gums, taking x-rays where required. If treatment is necessary, we'll explain what needs doing and some options and costs and listen to your wishes on the treatment which is best for you.
This initial check up costs under NHS arrangements at April 2020.
Any further treatment may be undertaken straightaway or at a future date, depending on what's involved and your and the dentist's availability. For any additional work, we'll prepare a personal plan for your prior approval.
For further appointments, we follow guidelines issued by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, ensuring the necessary frequency to help keep your teeth and gums healthy.
You will see a few changes when it is time for your next appointment. For example:
- We will need to ask you beforehand some screening questions and we may need to repeat them if the appointment is on a different day.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided, after entering the Practice (and once again on leaving).
- Appointments will need to be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- There are safety perspex screens at the reception desks and clinical staff will not be able to shake your hand as they will be wearing their, now well known, "PPE".
We will also allow greater time between patients so that we can carry out behind-the-scenes safety precautions including additional disinfecting cleaning before and after each appointment. This limits the number of appointments we can offer every day but it does help a safer environment.
How you can help:
- Please come alone (unless there is a need to bring children or your carer)
- There are floor markers to guide you on social distancing from another patient.
- Payment by debit or credit card, please.
- Please try and arrive as close as possible to your appointment time. You may need to wait outside for a short while to ensure the Practice is fully prepared for your appointment.
- If you are travelling by public transport, current government guidelines are to wear face coverings.
- Please do not arrive without an appointment.
We have surgeries on the ground floor for wheelchair access. We also have a special parking bay immediately outside the front of the Practice for disabled patients.
We are situated on the A24 London Road, opposite the access road to Sainsbury's and almost next door to McDonald's.
By Tube : From Morden or South Wimbledon, take Bus 93 (heading towards North Cheam) or Bus 293 (towards Epsom General Hospital) and alight at North Cheam Sports Club (Stop: HD) on London Road. The Practice is on the opposite side, about a minute's walk.
By Car : There is ample parking nearby and Sainsbury's Car Park is directly opposite the practice. We also have a special parking bay immediately outside the front of the Practice for disabled patients.
By Train : Worcester Park Railway Station 1.0 mile, Cheam Station: 1.2 miles